Mr. Dee-chordsGuitar Tutor
Sight reading is the ability to play a piece of music that you've never played before simply by reading it off of a page of written music. In music, sight-reading, also called a prima vista (Italian meaning "at first sight"), is the practice of reading and performing of a piece in a music notation that the performer has not seen or learned before. Sight-singing is used to describe a singer who is sight-reading. Both activities require the musician to play or sing the notated rhythms and pitches.
- Lectures 3 per week
- Quizzes 1 per week
- Duration 6 Months (minimum)
- Skill level Beginner-Professional
- Language English
- Students 12
- Assessments Yes
Learn to read music using my unique method: just see a note on a piano score and play it on the keyboard straight away.
1. Dee-chords Semester Evaluation Certificate.
2. Diploma Certificate upon completion
3. ABRSM AND MUSON exam certification in both theory and practical on the guitar.
- Over five (5) hours lessons of three (3) contacts per week.
- See a note on a score and play it on the piano or any instruments straight away
- Understand how sight reading works.
- Name any note on the piano instantly.
- Individual roles of each hand are the primary objectives to meet up.
- Ornaments and techniques.
- Efficient Practice.
- Memory Training.
- Playing songs and accompanying pieces.
- Solo performance and Band exposures.
- Personalize and group based projects and weekly assignments.
Lesson 1. Quarter, half and whole notesWeek 1
Lesson 2. Quarter noteWeek 2
Lesson 3. Basic Chords, Time Signature and Strumming patterns.Week 3
Lesson 4. Dotted half, dotted quarter, quarter and eighth notes 6/8 time Dotted quarter note equals 60 F MajorWeek 4
Lesson 1. Rhythmic Values Meter Tempo Exercise 6 Transposed Key SignatureWeek 4
Lesson 2. Quarter, eighth, sixteenth notes. 4/4 time Quarter note equals 80 G MajorWeek 5
Lesson 3. Examinations, Test and Recitals.Week 6
Lesson 4. Dotted eighth/sixteenth, quarter, eighth, sixteenth notes ¾ time Quarter note equals 80 F MajorWeek 7
Part 1. Basic ScalesWeek 10
Part 2. TechniqueWeek 11
Part 3. Semester ExaminationWeek 12
Complete PDF Curriculum is available in student's dashboard after registration.
Mr. Dee-chordsGuitar Tutor
Akinboyewa David Aka Dee-chords is the lead coach at Dee-chords Music Academy. As CEO and Director of studies, he is a certified Musician. A singer, song writer, composer and producer. His multi skillful playing of over 10 Musical instruments has earned him a lot of exposures as a Live stage performing and recording artist. He has staged many great concerts and have worked with several other noble Musicians in the industry locally and internationally. He currently directs music in about 8 schools and some pentecostal churches. He's happily married to Sophia Akinboyewa with two lovely kids. Bryan and Gianna.