Mr. Jacob NwachiDrumset Tutor
In this course, students develop fundamental snare drum techniques including grip, sticking, rhythmic studies, sheet music, snare drum reading, and a thorough study of the drum rudiments. Basic drum set time feels or grooves will be introduced.
- Lectures 3 per week
- Quizzes 1 per week
- Duration 6 Months (minimum)
- Skill level Beginner-Professional
- Language English
- Students 12
- Assessments Yes
What do you learn in drum lessons?
Your teacher will likely also go around the drum kit and make sure that you are familiar with all of the different drums and cymbals, teaching you their names, sounds, and uses. You'll review how to properly use the pedals, along with a few different foot techniques.
1. Dee-chords Semester Evaluation Certificate.
2. Diploma Certificate upon completion
3. ABRSM AND MUSON exam certification in both theory and practical on the guitar.
Drum Fundamentals Level 1
Gain a solid foundation in drum set performance and musicianship with Drum Set Fundamentals. The course explores five main topics: musicianship, hand-to-hand technique, snare drum reading, drum set coordination, and repertoire development, with each week becoming increasingly more challenging.
- Over five (5) hours lessons of three (3) contacts per week.
- Information packed training on sticking exercise and strokes, and pedal dexterity.
- Learning music theory, rhythm, how to read sheet music.
- Hands and legs agility, speed and tempo accuracy.
- Individual roles of each hand are the primary objectives to meet up.
- Ornaments and techniques.
- Efficient Practice.
- Ear Training.
- Memory Training.
- Playing songs and accompanying pieces.
- Solo performance and Band exposures.
- Personalize and group based projects and weekly assignments.
Lesson 1. The BasicsWeek 1
Lesson 2. The Basics 2Week 2
Lesson 3. Table of time and ghost noteWeek 3
Lesson 4. Single stroke role and thirty second (32nd) noteWeek 4
Lesson 1. Double Stroke Open Roll and Bossa NovaWeek 4
Lesson 2. SambaWeek 5
Lesson 3. Half-Time ShuffleWeek 6
Lesson 4. Compound Meter GroovesWeek 7
Part 1. Afro Cuban 6/8Week 10
Part 2. Jazz ShuffleWeek 11
Part 3. Semester ExaminationWeek 12